Did You Know?: Boost Users Can Use DuitNow QR Codes for Payments and Peer-to-Peer Transfer Nationwide
Yes, you read the headline right.
Nowadays, when customers walk to a counter or cashier to pay, it can be quite disorientating to see multiple QR codes from various e-wallet brands, each with their own specific card-stand.
Well, worry no more, because with Boost, users can scan any and all DuitNow QR codes from businesses across Malaysia to make cashless payments, regardless of the brands displayed on the card-stand*.
Not only that, not many people know that Boost users can not only use DuitNow QR codes for payments when making purchases with merchants, but also to transfer and receive funds securely among friends and families too using nothing more than their phone number.
Boost first entered the DuitNow ecosystem in March 2021, initially only offering DuitNow QR code payments. If you’ve noticed that many of the QR codes you scan lately are pink instead of black, the pink QR code is the DuitNow QR, Malaysia’s National QR Standard established by PayNet under the Bank Negara Malaysia’s Interoperable Credit Transfer Framework.
Now, users can easily transfer money straight from the bank to your Boost account and amongst friends using the DuitNow QR code, regardless of which banks or e-wallets they use, as long as their account is linked to DuitNow. Being able to transfer and receive money digitally using DuitNow via Boost is an extension and enhancement of our DuitNow capabilities.
To get you started with DuitNow transfers, users would need to link DuitNow ID onto your Boost app. Just follow these simple steps
- Upgrade to a Premium Wallet, if you have yet to do so
- Once you’re a Premium Wallet user, go to the “Profile” page on the app and tap on “Duitnow”
- Tap on “Link Boost with DuitNow”, check details and tap on the “Confirm” button to proceed
- If your DuitNow ID is currently linked to your bank account, you will be prompted with a notice informing that you will be switching your DuitNow ID to Boost. Tap “Yes” to proceed and you’re done!
- If your DuitNow ID is not linked to any bank account, you will be sent an OTP to your Boost registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and you’re good to go!
Now that you’ve linked your DuitNow ID to your Boost account, whenever your friends and family use your mobile number to transfer money using DuitNow, you will receive the money in your Boost account. Likewise, you can use Boost to transfer money using a mobile number or by scanning the recipient’s DuitNow QR code from a mobile banking app or eWallet.
On top of that, you have a DuitNow main page where you can easily check your DuitNow activity as well as quick access to other settings.
To enjoy this DuitNow capability, click here to download the Boost app: https://myboost.app.link/ytKgs5VUJqb