Cooking Your Own Healthy Iftar Meal
For many of us, we take the opportunity during Ramadan to kick start our new healthy eating lifestyles. In between Ramadan and Raya delicacies, there are those who look to start eating healthy but find it difficult keeping up with the plan when we’re constantly tempted with mak or atuk’s decadent dishes that only make a special appearance during this month. Then, let’s not forget the delicious bazaar food or iftar buffet spreads.
While it’s ok to have a cheat day every once in a while, we’re here to show you that healthy food can be as scrumptious.
Here’s a simple and healthy dish you can try making in less than 30 minutes.
Lebanese Chicken Fatteh
Ingredients for fatteh:
– 500g pre-cooked chickpeas (canned will do)
– 500g cooked chicken (shredded)
– 50g pine nuts or almonds
– 1 tsp each of:
- garlic powder
- cumin powder
- turmeric powder
- coriander powder
- dried thyme
– Extra virgin olive oil
– Fresh parsley
– 1 large pita bread cut into smaller squares
Ingredients for garlic yogurt sauce:
– 50g chopped garlic
– Extra virgin olive oil
– 2 cups fresh yogurt
– ½ tsp salt
- Place cooked chickpeas into a big bowl. If using canned chickpeas, first strain the liquid.
- Toast pita bread squares until crispy with olive oil, salt and pepper and add to chickpeas bowl.
- Toast pine nuts or almonds with a drizzle of olive oil and add to bowl.
- Sauté shredded chicken with olive oil and all spices, add to the same bowl.
- Chop parsley, add to bowl with all other ingredients and toss.
- Next, make the yogurt sauce. Start with sauté-ing chopped garlic with olive oil until golden brown over medium heat. Then, add fresh yogurt and salt to taste. Lower heat and stir until slightly liquid consistency.
- Add as much yogurt sauce you’d like to the fatteh and serve!
Conveniently order all the ingredients online with Happy Fresh through Boost and have them delivered right to your doorstep. All you have to do is tap on the ‘Do More’ tab, scroll to ‘Online Shopping’ and tap on the ‘Happy Fresh’ icon. Then, choose a supermarket near you, and order your groceries!
- Spend a minimum of RM60 with Boost, you will be eligible to receive RM3 cashback.
- Max 3 redemptions per user
- Limited to1,000 redemptions per day
- Offer is valid for 2 Months from 13 April – 13 June 2021
- Participating merchants: Happy Fresh, Jocom, F&N, Aeon Fresh, Aeon Online, Servay Online
To learn another recipe, tune into ‘Boost Berkongsi Live Bersama Daphne Iking’ this Sunday at 11AM from her Instagram page @daphneiking. Daphne will be cooking one of her favourite Ramadan/Raya dishes live.