10 days left to pay Zakat Fitrah
Can you believe it? It’s been 21 days since we started fasting during the day and spent the night in ibadah. And now Ramadan is coming to an end – how time flies! The end of Ramadan welcomes the Hari Raya celebration. Although the festive season is going be to be toned-down, we still need to do the usual preparations – shop for our Baju Raya, dig up family secret recipes to plan the spread of delicious Raya food. And of course, not forgetting our obligatory Zakat Fitrah payment right before the start of syawal.
If you have yet to make your Zakat Fitrah payment, don’t worry! Boost has partnered up with five zakat collection bodies in Malaysia to make it easy and convenient for you to make contactless zakat payments online.
Here’s how you can get your Zakat payments done with Boost in just five (5) simple steps:
- Tap on the ‘Zakat’ tile on the homepage
- Tap on ‘Add New Zakat Account’ or the icon at the top right of your screen and select the state Zakat body of your choice
- Then, tap on the + icon on the bottom right of the Zakat provider card and key in your IC number, followed by full name and mobile number
- Select the correct beras type with its corresponding harta and enter the number of pax you are making the Zakat payment for
- Tap ‘Pay Zakat’, authorise the payment with your 6-digit PIN or biometrics and you’re done!
Upon successful payment, users will receive a receipt via e-mail which can be used for individual tax rebate purposes. In case you’re wondering, zakat payments through e-wallets are valid without ‘Lafaz Akad’. This is in accordance with the Islamic law.
Pssst. just to remind you, our in-app zakat payments are not limited to Zakat Fitrah! We also have payments for Zakat Harta available with three Zakat bodies throughout the year, and three more coming soon.
Here’s an easy reference for the Zakat payment options that are available on Boost:
- Lembaga Zakat Selangor (Zakat Fitrah & Zakat Harta)
- Pusat Pungutan Zakat – Majlis Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan (Zakat Fitrah & Zakat Harta)
- Majlis Ugama Islam Sabah (Zakat Fitrah & Zakat Harta)
- Lembaga Zakat Negeri Kedah (Zakat Fitrah)
- Majlis Agama Islam Negeri Sembilan (Zakat Fitrah)
Remember! Ensure your Boost wallet has sufficient balance to make your payment process smoother, so you don’t have to exit the Zakat section to top up your balance.
In the meantime, we wish you a blessed Ramadan. Please continue to stay healthy, stay safe and stay vigilant.