Terms & Conditions
No portion of this writing may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior written permission from Boost
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF “BIGSHOTS” CAMPAIGN (“CAMPAIGN”)
This Campaign is held by Axiata Digital eCode Sdn. Bhd. (Company No. 201701000820 (1214970- T))(“eCode”). By participating in the Campaign, Merchants (as hereinafter defined) hereby agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which shall form an integral part of and to be read together with Boost Business Terms and Conditions.
In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between these terms and conditions, such inconsistency shall be resolved by giving precedence in the following decreasing order (i) these terms and conditions; and (ii) Boost Business Terms and Conditions.
This Campaign shall commence on 1st April 2023 and ends on 30th June 2023 (“Campaign Period”). Any variation/ extension thereof shall be at the sole discretion of eCode.
This Campaign shall be applicable to selected merchants who accept Boost as a payment method via point-of-sales terminals and who fulfil the following criteria:
- merchants who are registered with Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM) and/or authorized registration bodies and having one (1) or more outlets; or
- merchants who are Malaysian or holding Malaysia Permanent Residency (PR) status, but not registered with SSM;
- By participating in this Campaign, you hereby acknowledge and agree to allow and authorize eCode to disclose the following details for purposes of its winners’ announcement on its official Boost Business channels, if you win any of the prizes under this Campaign: (a) your registered name, without first obtaining any further consent from you nor making any payment whatsoever to you.
- In the event that you are not comfortable/ you disagree to have your details as set out in paragraph (iii) above to be disclosed by eCode, you shall email to email@example.com to express your discomfort/ disagreement and decision to be opted out from this Campaign. In such instances, upon eCode’s receipt of the written notice from you, you have opted-out from this Campaign, and you shall not longer be eligible to participate in this Campaign and shall not be entitled to receive any entry to participate in this Campaign or any prize under this Campaign.
(“Merchants” or “You”).
For clarity, only selected Merchants are eligible to participate in this Campaign. Merchants who are under the following categories are not eligible to participate in this Campaign:
- Merchants using static QR e.g. Boost QR or DuitNow QR;
- Non-Governmental Organizations;
- Non-Governmental Organizations;
- Charity Organizations and Religious Bodies;
- Financial Services;
- Building Management;
- Healthcare/Medical Services.
- Merchants who achieve RM500 and above on a weekly basis are eligible to win the prizes as stipulated in the table below, and eCode only recognizes transactions amount transacted at the Merchants’ physical stores by scanning via point-of-sales terminals which accept Boost as a payment method.
- If a transaction is voided, the accumulated entries related to the transaction amount will be voided too. For the avoidance of doubt, voided transactions are transactions that are cancelled by a Merchant before the transaction is settled through a customer’s Boost account. If any of the voided transactions is found made purposely to gain entries for the Campaign, eCode reserves the right to void the said transaction and other accumulated transactions too.
- Each of the selected Weekly Cash Prize winners is eligible to receive one (1) Weekly Cash Prize only during the Campaign Period.
- Entry for the draw of the Weekly Cash Prizes closes weekly on each Sunday (11:59 p.m.) of each Campaign Week (which runs from Monday to Sunday), during the Campaign Period.
- A week after the end of each Campaign Week, the Weekly Cash Prize winners will be announced via the official Boost Business channels, and they will be notified through the official Boost Business email with instructions on the collection of the prizes.
The Weekly Cash Prizes – RM88
The Weekly Cash Prize winners will be identified based on the total transaction sales received for each respective Campaign Week. The entry pool is refreshed at the end of every Campaign Week.
- The overall total transaction amount accumulated throughout the Campaign Week will be tallied with the highest transaction amount (accumulated throughout the Campaign Week) will be selected as the winners of the Weekly Cash Prize, in order from the highest to lowest total transaction amount accordingly.
- In the event of a tie between the Merchants, the Merchants who achieved the highest total transaction amount (accumulated throughout the respective Campaign Week) first shall be the winner.
The Weekly Cash Prizes – RM88
- The Weekly Cash Prize will be RM88. There will be twelve (12) winners per week, equivalent to a total of one hundred and forty-four (144) winners throughout the entire Campaign Period.
- The selected Weekly Cash Prize winners must contact eCode (via communication method as set out in eCode’s notice), within three (3) working days after being notified that they have won the said prizes.
- The Weekly Cash Prizes, i.e. cash, will be credited into the winners’ bank accounts registered with eCode within one hundred and twenty (120) working days after the Weekly Cash Prizes winners have been notified that they have won the Weekly Cash Prizes. For clarity, if you are merchants who accept Boost as payment method through your authorized point-of-sales terminals, and if you are eligible to receive any of the Weekly Cash Prizes under this Campaign, the Weekly Cash Prize will first be transferred to your authorized point-of-sales terminal provider who shall then transfer the same to your bank account registered with them.
General Campaign Terms and Conditions
- The term “Campaign” in these General Terms and Conditions set out below shall mean the Bigshots Campaign.
- The term “Campaign Period” in these General Terms and Conditions set out below shall mean the Campaign Period of the. Bigshots Campaign
- Transactions made or entries received, as the case may be, after the expiry of the Campaign Period are considered invalid and will not be considered for this Campaign.
- eCode reserves the sole and absolute right to withdraw, amend, omit and/or vary any part or the whole of the terms and conditions of the Campaign without prior notice to the Merchant and Merchant shall be bound to observe, perform and comply with the terms and conditions herein and any amendments thereof.
- eCode reserves the right to check and verify the transactions made by the Boost user to the eligible Merchant(s). eCode may disqualify and/ or blacklist you if you are suspected of engaging in suspicious transactions using the Boost mobile application.
- eCode’s decisions in any matter in relation to the Campaign shall be final and conclusive.
- All prize winners must abide by the terms and conditions of the Campaign and if any, attached to the prizes. The prize winners are solely responsible for the collection of their prizes, where applicable. The prize winners shall bear all costs, fees, and/ or other related expenses that are incurred to claim their prizes.
- In the event a prize winner chooses not to accept a prize, he/ she will disclaim all rights, interests, and claims to that prize, and eCode shall in its sole and absolute discretion deal with the said prize.
- Prize winners will ONLY be contacted by eCode via official Boost Business channels and through the official Boost Business email. Except as stated hereinbefore, eCode will NOT contact you through phone calls or any other communication channels, including but not limited to Whatsapp or SMS, for any purposes related to the Campaign.
- eCode may also choose to announce the winners via the Boost mobile application and Boost Business Facebook with prior written consent obtained from the winners.
- eCode will not ask for any banking details such as credit card/ debit card number and bank transaction authorization code (TAC), Boost Business account password, PIN or one-time password (OTP) for the winners to claim the prize or for any reason whatsoever. Please do not share your banking details with anyone.
- In the event the prize winners fail to comply with any terms and conditions of the Campaign and/ or the prize winners fails to contact/ respond to eCode’s winner notification within three (3) working days or such other period as stated in the said winner notification, from the date he/ she is notified, eCode reserves the right to forfeit prize, and/ or select another winner.
- eCode shall not be liable for any claim by Merchant or third-party claims or losses of any nature, including but not limited to, loss of profits, punitive, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or for other damages and any related claims of any nature, including direct, indirect, third party, consequential or other damages resulting from or in connection with the Campaign.
- eCode shall not be liable for loss or damage to property or any personal injury or loss of life resulting from or in connection with the Campaign.
- Merchant acknowledges and agrees that eCode reserves the rights to disqualify Merchant’s participation of the Campaign or forfeit any prizes given to the Merchant if (i) the Merchant is found or suspected of tampering with the Campaign mechanics or the operation of the Campaign; (ii) the Merchant is found or suspected of undertaking fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Campaign;or (iii) the Merchant is in breach of its obligations or any terms and conditions of the Campaign. Notwithstanding the above, eCode reserves the right to reject any participation or the Merchants at its sole and absolute discretion without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- eCode does not take any responsibility in the event the Merchant is prevented from participating in the Campaign, as a result of certain technical restrictions or other limitations specific or force majeure which including but not limited to regulatory and/or government directive, act of God etc.
- eCode disclaims any liability arising from the products or services sold by the Merchants.
- All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the prize winners, and eCode disclaims all liabilities, representation, and warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law and eCode shall not be responsible nor liable for any problems and/or damage thereto or arising therefrom.
- All photographs, personal information and names submitted in the Campaign shall be the property of eCode.
- Visual(s) of the prizes shown in any advertisement, promotional publicity and other materials relating to the Campaign are solely for illustration purposes only and may not depict the actual prizes.
- By participating in the Campaign, the Merchant has agreed to allow eCode, at its absolute discretion, to use the Merchant’s name, photographs, voice or video recordings and entries for publicity, advertising, trade or Campaign purposes in any media, without first obtaining any further consent nor making any payment whatsoever to the Merchant.
- Except as expressly mentioned herein, eCode shall not be responsible for any expenses and cost including out-of-pocket expenses related to or as a consequence of the Merchants participating in the Campaign.
- The content for the Campaign may be provided by a third party. eCode does not filter or edit such content. Merchant acknowledges that eCode is under no obligation to censor the content or information provided. eCode disclaims all liability in relation to the content provided.
- All prizes offered under the Campaign is not transferable, non-exchangeable for cash or in kind, where applicable, non-refundable for cash, and shall be subject to availability of stock. eCode reserves the right to substitute and replace the prize offered with another prize of equal value or higher value as eCode deems fit.
- In the event any of the provision in these terms and conditions is invalid, illegal and unenforceable under any applicable law or by any reasons whatsoever, the legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- No delay or indulgence by eCode in enforcing any terms or conditions herein shall constitute waiver by eCode of Merchant’s breach of these terms and conditions.
- Winners of the campaign are compulsory to display Boost Branding for 3 years.